Your Contract Workload!
managing your service contracts can be one of the biggest challenges
your service business faces. Service contracts tend to be complex
and may include pricing exceptions, different levels of coverage,
and even different billing cycles. Your contract information must
be accurate, but it takes a lot of work. A great way to minimize
this workload is with SouthWare’s Contract Management.
Management handles the service contract functions for SouthWare’s
Service Management Series, a complete system for service businesses.
In the Service Management Series you can also get Service Invoicing,
Service Orders, and Equipment Servicing options. With Contract Management
you get the help you need to record, track, propose, renew, service,
and bill your service contracts accurately and efficiently.
Contract Management, you can:
your service contracts current and accurate with less work
how profitable each contract has been
sure that you don’t let any service contracts lapse without first
proposing a renewal
on all service work done against a particular contract
the correct amount of earned and unearned contract revenue without
doing a lot of calculations every month
know whether a piece of equipment is covered by a service contract
sure you propose a service contract on every piece of equipment
billing errors by ensuring that different contract rates, limits,
and coverages are automatically considered on service orders
sure you don’t forget any regularly scheduled work
sure your contract billings are sent out on time
your contract workload while improving the accuracy and value of
your contract information. Get SouthWare’s Contract Management.
Features of Contract Management
• Extensive Standard Information
• Multiple contracts per customer
• Contract assigned to service location, territory, and route sequence
• Contract detail may include recurring billing, recurring services,
or negotiated pricing
• Pricing may be based on equipment, services, or a negotiated amount
• Pricing may be based on unit rate table
• Handles contracts based on meter usage
• Standard renewal frequencies and automatic renewal option
• Option to generate renewal proposals
• Option to print contract/proposal addendum
• Option to copy a contract into new contract
• Assign equipment to contracts - interface to Inventory/Sales to
help ensure you propose a service contract on all equipment you
• Flexible billing frequencies to generate invoices for cycle billing
• Option to accrue unearned revenue and amortize over life of contract
• Option to prorate initial and final bills
• Define billable status of parts, labor, travel, and other services
• Define price levels and accounting
and Reporting Features
• Contract inquiry
• Contract profitability analysis
• Contract renewal status
• Unearned revenue analysis
• Create proposals / turn into contracts
• Generate scheduled service orders
• Prepaid contract amounts may be applied to future service orders
Management can help you answer such questions as:
contracts are due to expire next month and how much are those contracts
• What service work has been done so far against this contract?
• What’s our total amount of unearned contract revenue as of the
end of this month?
• How can we add 2% to our standard rates for contracts that are
billed quarterly instead of annually?
• Did we make a profit on this contract last year?
• What will be the price of this contract this year with the new
equipment that has been added?
• How can we quickly present a customer with proposals on the three
different levels of coverage we offer?
• How do we make sure that our service contract customers get higher
priority than other customers?
• What’s the right amount to bill on a contract that covers only
part of a normal billing cycle?
• How do we charge for excess meter usage on a contract?