Your Financials Make Sense!
general ledger is where all your financial information comes together.
For up-to-date information, attractive financial reports, and insight
behind the reports, get SouthWare’s General Ledger.
General Ledger gives you daily financial management tools, not just
a once-a-month report. Your other SouthWare products can keep General
Ledger as current as the last transaction. Your financial statements
are ready whenever you want to see them. And the answers to why
your financial statements got that way are only a keystroke away.
General Ledger, you can:
the financial reports you need when you need them
financial reports that look the way you want them to look
today’s financial statements, not just last month’s
provide the information your auditors request
most manual work in G/L as your other SouthWare products automatically
update your financial information
this year’s performance to previous years
actual performance to your budget n Quickly update your budgets
throughout the year as your estimates change
the performance for your different financial reporting entities
as well as for your entire company
Features of General Ledger
• Income Statement
• Balance Sheet
• Source/Application of Funds
• FASB 95 Cash Flow
• Custom supporting schedules
• Standard reports for easy set up
• Option to customize report layout or columns of information
• Column choices include variances, trends, department or multi-company
• Up to 16 columns per report
• Period, Quarter, Year reporting
• Multi-company consolidation
• Print options include footnotes and output to spreadsheets or
• “Ledger-look” for easy entry/review
• Interface from other SouthWare products
• Accruals with automatic reversal
• Prior-Year adjustments that automatically roll the change into
the current year
• Memo-type entries for non-financial data
• User-defined account number structure - up to 4 parts and 6 digits
per part with a maximum of 15 characters including dashes between
• Predefined chart option for easy set up
• 12 or 13 accounting periods
• Current, Original, and Pending budget per period per account •
Comparative amounts for last 5 years
• Budget workfile for interactive budget review and change
• Assign accounts to reporting entities
• On-screen review of an account and zoom to any source document
for a transaction
• Trial balance and Transaction History
• Optional interface to Cash Flow Ledger, ExecuMate II, ExcelReport,
• Optional use of spreadsheet interface
Ledger can help you answer such questions as:
do our financials look like so far this month?
• How do I get a condensed version of these reports for our bank?
• How did each of our departments do last month?
• What was the source of this G/L transaction?
• How do our sales this month compare to the same month last year?
• What would our financials look like at year end if our sales were
10% over budget?
• Now that the auditor finally gave us last year’s adjustments,
how do we adjust last year and this year?
• What transactions have been posted to this account during the
• Can I see these same reports for the last four quarters?
• The auditor wants a trial balance for the entire last year - can
we get it?
• What do our consolidated statements look like?