Every Inventory Dollar Count!
you have a large inventory you must manage your inventory well if
you want a successful business. Your inventory is just like stacks
of dollar bills sitting around. You’ve got to make sure they don’t
“walk off” and you can’t afford to leave them sitting idle for too
long. A great way to protect your dollar bills is with SouthWare®’s
Control is an inventory tracking system that gives you up-to-the-minute
detailed information on each item in your inventory. You’ll know
exactly how much inventory comes in, how much is on-hand now, and
where it goes. Inventory Control also serves as the base product
for SouthWare’s Inventory/Sales Series which gives you Purchasing,
Point of Sale, Order Entry, Assemblies, and UPS/Shipping options.
Inventory Control, you can:
the up-to-the-minute quantity status for any item in your inventory
at the touch of a key
the value of your current inventory
the details of each time you’ve received inventory
separate records for each inventory location you use
verify your spot check counts against your inventory records
shelf labels for your stock items
a perpetual ledger of all quantities in and out for each stock
selected stock items by serial number, lot number, size, color,
or other tracking breakdown
your inventory records for breakage, spoilage, or other defective
quantities between inventory locations as needed
extensive supporting information about each inventory item
Features of Inventory Control
Item Database Features
• Extensive standard data
• 15-character Stock ID code
• Multi-location - 3-character ID
• Multiple units of measure per item
• Stock Index for multi-parameter searches
• Costing options include Last, Average, Standard, LIFO/FIFO, and
Serial or Tracking Unit cost
• Pricing options include multipliers of list price, markups of
cost, fixed prices, quantity breaks, promotional pricing, and other
• Unit price/cost up to 5 decimals
• Serial, lot, color, size unit tracking
• Selling/purchasing variance options
• Shelf labels with bar-code option
• Purchasing-related fields (see Purchasing)
• History per period for 5 years
• Notes and optional extended data
• Adjustments include In-Shop, In-Use, Defective, Cost Adjustment,
Tracking #s, Transfers, and other general adjustments
• Stock ledger of all quantity changes
• Unlimited replacement part numbers
• Customer, substitute, related part #s
• Product category accounting and defaults
• Optional override schemes for pricing, commissions, and sales
• Count worksheets, speedy entry of counts
• Discrepancy listing
• Fast receiving entry with document review of PO, location transfer,
• Scan mode for keyless entry
• Option to receive quantity and record cost later
• Option to allocate freight/tax to line items
• Optional detail interface to A/P
• Optional receivings history
• Stock status inquiry and numerous reports
Control can help you answer such questions as:
many of this item do we have available right now?
ü What happened to the 25 boxes of these that we had last week?
ü Do we have any available quantity of this item in our other locations?
ü How many units of this item have we had to write off during the
ü What are the serial numbers of the units we’re supposed to have
on hand right now?
ü Didn’t we just receive a shipment of these last week?
ü What’s the total value of our inventory in this product category?
ü When we purchase this item do we order by cartons or by cases?
ü Did last night’s spot check counts match our inventory records?
ü Which items are currently completely out of stock?
ü What are the other part numbers we use for this item?