Less Work of Your Jobs!
your business revolves around jobs you’ve got to have a good job
tracking system. Most jobs involve so many types of costs that you
need comprehensive records on each job just to know whether you’re
making money or not. A great solution for job tracking is SouthWare’s
Job Cost gives you the tools you need to keep your jobs under control
without getting bogged down in paperwork. Setting up new jobs is
easy, and you can even copy standard jobs. Your costs and revenues
can be automatically updated by other SouthWare products. Overhead,
recognizing job progress in G/L, and Work In Process updates can
all be done in minutes. And there are adaptations to help you whether
you’re a contractor or a job shop.
Job Cost, you can:
all the information about a job at the touch of a button
the profitability on each job
the types of costs that you’ve incurred on each job
all changes to a job’s budget and compare actual performance against
keep your job information current as a byproduct of A/P, Payroll,
Inventory, and Invoicing processing
assign overhead to your jobs
your Work In Process status and transfer costs from Work In Process
as a job is finished
cost overruns n Predict expected job profit
how much work is left to be done on a job
what’s been paid and what should be paid on a job
the right facts available for each of your jobs without spending
too much time doing it. Get SouthWare’s Job Cost.
Features of Job Cost
• Job header info includes customer data and general pricing
• User-defined cost code structure with up to four breakdowns such
as phase and cost category
• Job detail tracks each aspect of a job by cost code and includes
accumulated units and costs
• Completed contract or percentage complete
• Revenue recognition options
• Labor burden and Overhead
• Master job group for related jobs
• Copy function to quickly duplicate a job
• Flexible set up of accounting to be done for each job
Transaction & Billing Features
• Jobs updated by A/P invoices, Invoices, Inventory adjustments,
Payroll, A/R payments
• User-defined transaction types
• Option to automatically generate billings from jobs
• Automatic AIA code set up option
• Subcontractor retainage
• Subcontractor cost category
• Certified Payroll report thru Payroll
• A/R customer retainage balance
• Cost Plus or Fixed Fee pricing
• AIA Invoicing option
• Change order subsystem
• Recognized profit or revenue/cost
• Automatic set up options
• Time sequence for tracking status
• Stock number to manufacture
• Option to update job status based on quantity finished
• Overhead allocation or calculation
• Work in Process relief
Cost can help you answer such questions as:
today’s status on this job?
• Which jobs are over budget?
• How much more resources will it take to finish this job?
• Which jobs currently need to be billed?
• What’s the profitability on our current jobs?
• What were the materials that were costed to this job?
• Have we already allocated overhead to this job?
• How much customer retainage are we due on this job?
• How much retainage will we owe to subcontractors when this job
• What’s the breakdown of our current Work In Process?
• What budget changes have been approved for this job?
• How much profit has been recognized in G/L for this job?
• What are the totals for all jobs in this subdivision?
• What percent complete are we on this job?