the “Service” in Your Service Calls!
orders are the heart of your service business. You need to take
your customer requests quickly, schedule normal service calls, get
the work assigned, keep track of the status of the work, and get
the work billed when it’s done. Your solution to all these needs
is SouthWare®’s Service Orders.
Orders handles the service order functions for SouthWare’s Service
Management Series, a complete system for service businesses. In
the Service Management Series you can also get Service Invoicing,
Contract Management, and Equipment Servicing options. With Service
Orders you get the help you need to record, dispatch, schedule,
track, assign, and close service orders with minimum work and maximum
Service Orders, you can:
record the important facts about every request for service
handle both your regularly scheduled and your on-demand service
the right technician dispatched or assigned to a service order
the current status of each service order and know which ones need
record the parts and services used on a service order
that a service order is billed accurately and promptly
the service history of each customer and piece of equipment
sure that fees such as travel or zone charges are charged when
errors by ensuring that contract rates, limits, and coverages
are automatically considered on service orders
answer your customers’ questions about the status and details
of the work being done for them
the work being done by each of your technicians and service locations
Features of Service Orders
• Extensive standard info
• Security, defaults, and other options may be configured per operator
• Option for multiple service locations
• Option to add a new customer
• Service history for customer or equipment
• Indicate equipment to be serviced
• Interface with Vendor Returns
• Interface with Customer Returns
• Problem description, problem codes
• Estimates, comments, and actions taken
• Track dates and times for each step
• Option to service multiple equipment on one service order
• Multiple technicians per service order
• Subtotals for parts, labor, other charges
• Billing percent per line item considers equipment warranty and
• Access preventive maintenance schedules
• Record meter readings
• Commit parts from Inventory Control
• Notes, text, and optional Extended Data
• Display service orders to be dispatched along with a list of possible
• Check technician skills, territory, priority
with Contracts and Equipment
• Consider contract limits and coverage
• Check equipment covered by contract
• Relate each service to equipment
• Integrate PM schedules and meter reading
• Exchange/loan/rent equipment
• Partial or full billing of a service order
• Closing function for travel/other charges
• Batch or interactive invoices
• Service Order inquiry
• Current status/schedule reports
• Service order analysis reports
• Technician analysis reports
Orders helps you answer such questions as:
there any service requests that have not yet been dispatched?
• What’s the status of this service order?
• What actions has Joe already taken on this service order and what
parts has he used?
• What has been our average repair time over the last six months
for this type of problem?
• What other service work have we done for this customer lately?
• Do any of our technicians seem to have a productivity problem?
• How can we make sure that Joe gets assigned to all service calls
for this type of equipment?
• How do we make sure that our service contract customers get higher
priority than other customers?
• How do we separate the non-billable and the billable work on this
• How long did it take us to complete this service call?